Sunday, September 27, 2009

"Whoever does God's work gets God's Pay..."

"When filled with God's love, we can do and see and understand things that we could not otherwise do or see or understand. Filled with His love, we can endure pain, quell fear, forgive freely, avoid contention, renew strength, and bless and help others in ways surprising even to us." -John H. Groberg

You know what... it's true! The closer I am to God, and the more I'm able to feel His love, the simpler things seem. They just sort themselves out... or I understand more fully the part I should play. I love my God. I am grateful to be His daughter, and know He has a plan for me.

Right now the part of the plan I understand is that I am where I am suppose to be. I honestly believe that. I have met people that have touched my soul. I have grown... and am continuing to grow. The ward I'm in, the job I have... I'm where I am needed most. Now all I have to do is do WHAT God needs me to do! That's the hard part! ha ha... I do think that my prayers lately have been answered on that account too. I have a plan... and I feel good about that plan. I'm in the process of making a list to accomplish that plan.. but you know, I'm a list person... My best friend Amber asked me if I had made a list about a week ago.. I had to confess that I hadn't. How she knows me so well astounds me. I did need that... and other advise. I feel better having a plan and a list to accomplish those plans. I need to see my progression... I guess that's why I keep a journal too. I need to see the change in myself. I want to grow and change... that is the whole purpose of life isn't it.. to become a better person from day to day?! I know I have set backs... major setbacks sometimes... but in my heart I want to make myself something, and somehow I manage to remember that before things get to desperate. I can do it! Plans!
I have direction.. and I'm contributing! that's all I ask... to make a difference! :D

One person that has really influenced my life... who I will probably never be able to repay, (but to whom I will continually strive to repay) is my Aunt Gracie. I LOVE HER! I figure I owe her my soul! :D ha ha... I'm blessed. I definitely consider her my hero. I don't think she will ever know how much my life has changed and I have grown because of her influence in my life. I feel like my communication skill have benefited because of her... never letting me close off and bottle up my feelings. She loves me, and cares about who I am.. and who I am becoming. She's always been there... she's my example. I want to grow up to be like her. I don't think I could ever be quite as straight forward or outspoken about how I feel... but I would like to try. :D I have a wonderful family. I'm grateful that I was born into such a great legacy. I pray to be able to continue to live so that I may pass that legacy on... in one way or another.

"Legacy is passed from heart to heart."
-Pres. Henry B. Eyring

No comments: