Wednesday, September 16, 2009

a tribute to all of my friends....

The last couple weeks have been full of interesting lessons for me. I have had the impression that It's time for me to pay tribute to all of the people that have contributed to who I am, and who I am becoming. To my friends... I'd name all the names, but there are more than I realized once I really sat and thought about it.

I fall in love with people easily. I use to think that this was one of my weaknesses, and maybe it was, but now I think I am becoming stronger and am a little more willing to love more freely and fully. It slowly is getting to the point where it doesn't hurt so much. If it does hurt it's the kind of hurt that comes with understanding and a knowledge of it's worth. And it is worth it!

I have been blessed throughout my life to meet people that have uplifted and built me up and I have grown because of it. Thank you!

I've done a lot of studying and reading about friendship and the importance we all play in each others lives. I want to share some of the thoughts that impacted me most.. and some of my own thoughts.

First some thoughts from Joseph Smith. He was probably one of the most charismatic people I know of. I think there were a lot of people who considered him a great friend. I believe that I would have been one of those people had I lived and met him during his life. Here is what he said about his friends, and friendship:
Of his friends: "They shall not want for a friend while I live."
- "I will Love those, and my hands shall toil for those who love and toil for me, and [I] shall ever be found faithful to my friends."
- "These I have met in prosperity, and they were my friends; and I now meet them in adversity, and they are still my warmer friends."
- "There are many souls whom I have loved stronger than death. To them I have proved faithful -to them I am determined to prove faithful, until God calls me to resign up my breath."
- "I don't care what a man's character is; if he's my friend -a true friend, I will be a friend to him, and preach the gospel of salvation to him and give him good counsel, helping him out of his difficulties."
- "That friendship, which intelligent beings would accept as sincere, must arise from love, and that love grows out of virtue, which is as much a part of religion as light is part of Jehovah. Hence the saying of Jesus, 'Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.' John 15:13
I pray to be a friend like this, and to continue to be blessed with such friends. :D

There is so much in my heart that I wish to say, but just can't find the words. I wish with all my heart to be and have the kind of friendships that last, endure, and truly are sincere and have meaning. I wish to be able to love others with all my heart and be there when they need someone. I know I have had so many friends who at certain points in my life have been that person for me. I believe that there are different levels of friendship... at least for me. My closest friends are family... if not literally I've adopted them into my family, and they know it. These are the friends who are most special to me, and will continue to be just as special for me for eternity. This circle of friends is smaller, and outside of family I only have a couple others in my life who fall into that category. They will always have a special place in my heart and will know of the love I have for them and the desire I have to do anything and all I can for them... because I do and will!

I also have many other friends who have touched me on another level, who I am just as loyal to, and love just as dearly. These friends have shown up much more constantly and frequently from many different circumstances. Every point in my life where there has been a need I have been blessed, from childhood friends, to seminary and institute teachers, to bishops, teachers, leaders and then to roommates. I have forged a special bond with each individual. I have had part of my life change for the better for every person I have been able to befriend and know a little bit more.
Each type of friend has been an answer to a prayer or many prayers at one point or another. I thank you all for being who you are, and for touching the lives of those around you. I LOVE YOU! Thank you for touching my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Misa, All I have to say is that i love you, and that I love your sweet spirit and kindness to everyone. Your amazing, and your one of my best friends. It makes me sad when people say that they could never be friends with their siblings... I'm happy to report that that is not the case with us! love forever! :)