Saturday, September 12, 2009

"When you love a person you see the face of God" -Les Mis


I was driving to work early this morning rocking out to the soundtrack "Les Mis" and I was thinking to myself about how much I love this book and the Broadway production. It's incredible! I think the character I most relate with at this point in my life is Eponine. I won't expound on that too much... only to say, I feel like Eponine and wish I were Cosette. hmmm, oh well. Someday I will be.
On my way home I was listening and singing along with one of the songs when I just had to pause and think about what was being said... I really liked how when you love a person you see the face of God. I agree with that. I think that when a person loves someone they have the opportunity to grow and see others how God would see them. We can choose to see the face of God. I know that as I've loved people in my life I have grown, and I see in myself things I can do better. But I also see how much God loves me and those around me. It's an amazing opportunity. I hope I always choose to see the face of God, and not be afraid to love others.


Another thought... I've got to stop being a hermit. I've gotten so busy with work and the one class I'm taking. ... Oh and institute!
I guess more than anything though, is I just haven't had the desire to be very social. It was a lot easier when there was someone who encouraged me, consciously or unconsciously, to do things. Now I've got to go out and do it by myself. hmmm. I'm kinda scared about that.
I guess I can do it... I just have to forget for a second that I'm scared. I do know that I need to be a good friend. I've been asking Heavenly Father what I should do to be a better person... and so far all I'm getting is that He wants me to be a good friend. I'm not sure what that means exactly... but I'm trying. I don't always feel like I succeed, but trying is what matters....

I love Les Mis

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Les Mis is by FAR the best musical EVER. Miss you and P-town!

Melisa Grace said...

AGREED! and we miss you!

Taylor said...

p-town = portland. DUH