Thursday, September 3, 2009

When it rains it POURS!




























It's true! Everything has been so crazy lately. I've had to go back through my journal to remember everything that has happened.
JOLINES! Con tanto tiempo entre los anotaciones, he olividado mucho. Primeramente.. tengo un trabajo nuevo! esta bien.
(I probably should switch back to english, sorry!)
I finally found a job that wanted me! I am a pastry chef at Kneaders in Lehi. I get to make people fat! The joy and sole purpose of my life, I guess! :D ha ha ha! I love working there. I am learning a lot and am growing too. I love the people I work with. Especially TRISH and EMILY! I can't say how grateful I am that there are such people in the world. I'm getting faster at all of the many things I have to do, and am learning some spectacular recipes... too bad they are confidential... I even had to sign a little paper saying I wouldn't give them away! So no matter how much you ask I just can't and wont, but I might cook some stuff for you!
I do have to say that my first two weeks working were killer. I couldn't believe how intense it was to learn so much newness and try to be good at it all at the same time.. ha! And sooo much overtime, when I was only suppose to be part-time! It was a definate adventure for sure... flying brownie mix.... exploding mixers! You get the idea! BUT I LOVE IT!!!
Well, not only do I now have a job, but I had a crazy time figuring out whether or not to go back to school. Well, it's a good thing that God is so aware of me... I didn't really want to go back to school... but no matter how much I denied it.. I knew that I already had the answer He had given me several times. I was suppose to continue with my schooling. So, I am taking a class. One class.. ha ha! Math.. ick, my favorite subject of all time! So I talked to an academic counselor and figured everything out... I really think that as of now... I know what I'm going to do... and where I need to be. (I hope!)
I had the opportunity to go to the Oquirrh temple dedication. I went early in the morning because I was babysitting for my aunt so she, her husband, and her older children could go in the afternoon. The session I went to both Elder Uctdorf and Bednar spoke, and President Monson gave the dedicatory prayer. I love how the spirit can teach you, and in an abundance when you are prepared for it. I definately had some answers when Spencer V. Jones spoke. It's wonderful to know that God knows and cares about all the decisions and things I am trying to figure out.
All in all. I learned a lot this past month. I learned to breath fire, drive stick, how to say goodbye to good friends... again, (I'm not to good at that btw) I learned that when speaking in sacrament, and giving the sunday school lesson all in the same day... to prepare, prepare prepare!!!it is nice tho when it's the fifth sunday, so bishop takes second hour, giving me a break...that way the nauseousness can settle!... also, -to tie my shoes,(that's pretty important) -to make large batches of pumpkin bread, -to be a better friend, -how important it is to be a dependable friend, and how NOT-important other things are, and really how much God loves me. Life couldn't be better! (Okay, so some of these things I haven't quite learned TOTALLY, but give me some time eh! I'm still young!)

Here is one last thing I thought I would share that I learned today... I think it has really helped me lately, the whole concept...

From Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley-

Fill your Lives with Love and Happiness...

"Look about you... you are doing good, great good. Keep it up and rejoice in the Lord for the opportunity. Pray and walk uprightly before the Lord and He will bless you. ...Be Happy...
All of us have problems. We face them every day. How grateful I am that we have difficult things to wrestle with. The keep us young, if that is possible. They keep us alive. They keep us going. They keep us humble. They pull us down to our knees to ask God of Heaven for help in solving them. Be grateful for your problems, and know that somehow there will come a solution. Just do the best you can, but be sure it is your very best. Then leave it in the hands of the Lord."


Life is good! Might as well enjoy it...
~Misa

P.S. I still need to play around with publishing fotos so they work how I'd like... but this works!

6 comments:

Katherine said...

Melisa, I love you just wanted to let you know that... and Dan wants some of your spanish fiesta!!! Yummy!! Oh we are moving back to Idaho in 2 weeks. We will be there for 2 years so we will have to get together and have a big fiesta of our own!! :o)

Anonymous said...

you are amazing. i miss every minute of you. what happened with the mixer to make it explode?

Melisa Grace said...

ya for sure we have to get together and make a fiesta!!! I sure have missed you guys!!

and Michael... it's a tempermental mixer... VERY tempermental. I swear it doesn't like me... oh well! the mixer was on speed four, when it was suppose to be on speed one... that was one thing that made it explode! stupidity could be the rest!

Anonymous said...

Misa, I love you, I know how hard this week was for you. I'm so proud of you. you really are amazing! :D and if god loves you more than I love you, which i know he does, then he loves you so much, so much in fact its hard for me to believe that he wouldn't be watching over you every moment of your life! promise! I love you misa!

Hailey said...

MELISA, I just looked at your blog for the first time in forever and I'm so glad I did. You are awesome! I'm glad that things are going well. You keep pressing forward and finding joy in every day and your posts make me smile.
Guess what? I worked at Kneaders as a Pastry Chef before I had my daughter. I worked at the one in Orem. I really enjoyed it, it was SUPER busy and I worked a lot of overtime but I learned some good things. The Holidays were of course the craziest! I hope you're liking it though. Its always hard starting a new job. It gets better with time and you really are a pro....more than you think.
Anyway, thanks for your post it really made me smile because of you positive attitude with big decisions being made and lots of business going on. You are so strong and I know Heavenly Father is so proud of you and what you're doing with your life.

Melisa Grace said...

I really have been blessed with good friends.. Thank you guys! I love you all.