Thursday, June 18, 2009

sleep who needs it...

Well me for one... and yet I here I sit typing away and it is way past my bed time... Seeing that I no longer work ridiculously early my body has decided it like being up late and sleeping in even later... (this is not good mind you!) I better change this before I become sick.
Well here is the news for today. (I quite like this quirky way of writing) I went to Spanish fork today with a good friend of mine. I saw Gladiator... now no judging. I know it is rated R... and if my Grandma ever found out she would probably faint. But I rather liked the movie. Absolutely Gory yes... but then again so was saving private Ryan, and The Patriot. (I really like the last one btw) there are some great movies out there... what am I to do. I'm part of the whole natural man... so I give a little. I have a weakness for good media. (by good I mean well done)
Well after the movie and some chocolate cake... I went to the mall with another good friend. We were picking up job applications. We promptly found out that no-one is hiring.. Surprise surprise.... the attempt was worth it none-the-less. I got to hang out, and look at jewelry at the jewelry counter in Macy's where my friend Jonathon works. He's great and single btw... but he showed us all the good stuff. It's a good thing I'm so poor.. He could almost sale me something. There was some great stuff on sale for more than half off!! something to check out...
I made peach cobbler today... I just didn't get enough from yesterday I guess... But I do have to say that the APRICOT cobbler I had yesterday... soooooo SOOO much better. yep... by a lot. In cobbler apricots just have something peaches don't... a little bit of tang... (IT HELPS!)
If you want the recipe.... all you need to do is ask. I'll be sure to tell! (it's pretty easy, and super fast) ;)
So, institute today was wonderful. I went with my roommate and her boyfriend.. and got to sit next to some other great friends I have. One of them did have some pretty awesome pants.. even if they may have been slightly ostentatious... Yep.. just wanted to use that word... It's pretty cool! that reminds me... I've got to try to use this other word in my daily conversation... just to prove I can... (because apparently it isn't very common... well I will make it so!) the word is IRE shouldn't be so hard... right?! :P we'll see!
institute was inspirational.. My favorite quote from the evening... "those who don't hear the music think the dancers are crazy"
SO LEARN TO HEAR THE MUSIC... Open up your perspective.. don't think so narrowly...
Really when we keep things in perspective, and have a clear understanding of our priorities... life is just that much easier. (better work on that huh?!)
Well.. got to be off to bed... it was a great day.
Here's to tomorrow!
Un abrazo ~Melisa

No comments: