Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ick and Ickiness...

Okay, so the wedding cake part isn't as icky as the rest of it.... really if it were me, even the love part wouldn't be so icky. But as I like to say, "I'm single so I can say ick if I want". so here I say it! ICK ICKY ICK!!!
I better not be to harsh. My cousin Amy and my brother's best friend Brian... they are totally cool, and really fit together well. It's not icky that they are together but more that weddings in general are pretty icky affairs. Everyone should just elope... wouldn't that make things simpler and less icky? I think so!
I did partake a little bit in the ickiness. I admit some contribution... yes, *sigh... I made the wedding cake. Shameful I know... but it actually turned out pretty okay. Not fantastic, but okay. And if I keep practicing and brushing up on this ickiness... I may get pretty darn good! Could I just do this for a living... forget my former crummy job... Ickiness here I come.
This could be a fun form of employment. I would have to stop giving such great deals though... DONE!
Employment... another Icky topic that causes me to sigh... *sigh!
I have never had a reason to hate what I do... or what I love. But this job, (that I don't have anymore btw) ... well we can just say that it caused me much sorrow and grief, and yes even toward something I love so much...food.. ya, sad I know... *tear. I don't recall ever feeling malice towards another human being before... I guess now I have. Sad day. *another sigh. Time for me to learn to forgive. At least that's what I'm assuming I need to do. Last Sunday, it did seem pretty obvious. A whole meeting dedicated to forgiveness.... yep, I've got to do it. Even though when I was listening I thought to myself... "Self, you don't really want to do this do you? Are they really speaking to me, nah they aren't...you can just ignore this, it will go away...But nope, I can't... it's pretty clear... the lesson was for me.. and I need to be a forgiving person...so here we go!"
So the JOB HUNT is on. I think that I've felt I've needed to do something different for some time now.... it's probably one of God's way's of getting me to look where He'd have me look. I need something different... Hopefully where I can do something meaningful... Even if it is making other peoples wedding cakes. Who knows... catering could be fun. Or something totally different... ya!!! I could try something new... hmmm NAH! I've got skill, I better stick with what I know! Food... teaching about food could be fun... Hmmm that's an Idea.
I guess we shall see... (hopefully sooner than later!)
Okay... I'll put some pics up so you can see how wonderful my cousin's cake turned out to be!!



Just watch out for little girls who like to taste the frosting before the bride and groom cut into the cake's beautifulness! It shall be called "The famous finger swipe" or maybe infamous... ha ha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think it's absolutely gorgeous.

Melisa Grace said...

Ahh. Thanks Michael!!

Utahna said...

Awsome job! It looks amazing! Good luck on the job hunt~!