Saturday, September 27, 2008

With the start of school...

You sure lose track of time when you are busy.

I am now living in Provo, no longer with my Aunt Grace and her family. DARN! My job at the school catering didn't work out. I wasn't ever scheduled regular hours... which is essential if you want to have a life, and actually get homework done! So I applied at Provo Macey's (the grocery store.) I'm working in the deli. I'm working full time, as well as attending school full time. I may go insane! If and when I schedule my time right I have time for homework! I am also volunteering this semester at the Boys Girls club. I need to volunteer 20 hours for my writing class. (ya, weird I know!)

I have been called to be on the linger longer committee. That will be interesting. Fast Sunday's will never be the same!

What else can I bore you with? Well, I love my institute classes, without which I would already be insane. I have missed feeling the spirit as readily and powerful as I do in my institute classes. It helps me get through these stressful and very busy times.

I threw a party the other day. Una fiesta de comidas espanoles. JOLIN! It was sooo much fun. I made Spanish food, and all my mission buddies came... even some I didn't really know. Sooo much fun. I probably wont do it again anytime soon, but hey!



Life just keeps on rolling! I'm even trying to sell my housing contract so I can move. I'm hoping to move to raintree in the winter. So I can be in Bro. Weber's ward. (My institute teacher, He's amazing!)

2 comments:

kate said...

Melisa!

I just got your email about the culinary arts blog! (I NEVER check that email anymore, but I was randomly going though it tonight) Anyway! Im so thrilled to see someone started a blog! I was wanting so badly to know how the good 'ol culinary girls are doing! :)

You look and sound great! I hope all is well with you. I'd love to be part of the culinary blog. My email is kateball21@gmail.com

much love,
kate (rammell) ball

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Fellow Blogging Friends,
Our blog is now set to private, as we have had an unknown and unwanted visitor post a nasty comment on our blog recently. You are still invited to view our blog, but I need your email address, in order to add you to our list of invited readers. Please send me the email address you use for blogger to melandstevebarnes@gmail.com, and I will add you right away!
Melanie and Steve