Thursday, July 3, 2008

Girls Camp

First off... I was going to post more pictures from my mission. But I don't know the most effective way to do that... so I am putting it off. I did realize though that it's about time for a Misa update. So here goes... I love camping. Maybe I could have been a pioneer. (or not) Anyway, I was asked to be one of the leaders at girls camp. I of course wouldn't have turned that down. I had a blast. I don't remember there being so much unscheduled time when I was that age. It may have been a good thing that they didn't remember about my culinary skills, or I may have been in charge of the food. (Ha ha I got out of that one!) But I guess I've enjoyed Girls camp so much that I will also be going later this month on the High adventure. (an overnight hike!) I am thrilled. It has been awhile since I've had the chance to just get out and enjoy nature. And boy oh boy, will I ever enjoy it... me and my backpack will be stocked full of the essentials, WATER, Excedrin, trail mix and string-cheese! It's amazing what you can live off of when you have to carry it around with you!! The lighter the better!! I'm Stoked!!
I must admit a little apprehension at this next phase of life I'm headed toward. I have plans... that intimidate me a bit. I just never really thought further about my life than that I would serve a mission. And now that that has been successfully accomplished, I am feeling a tad lost. I suppose that is all normal and well... (I do eventually figure things out.) I have decided that at the end of this month I will be quiting my job. I will be finishing up my former mission companions wedding cake, and then I will head to Orem to stay with my aunt. (I should inform her of this!) As soon as I have a job I will move into a house in another part of Orem. Hopefully this job will allow me to attend school as well. I have officially changed my major. (and hopefully it shall be the last time!) I will be majoring in Integrated studies. I know many of you will ask what in the world is that!~ But no worries it is a perfect major for me. I will have two emphasis' that I will combine into one major. It requires some writing and dedication. I think I'll enjoy it actually. My emphasis will be in Sociology, and Outdoor leadership. I'm excited. these are two very different things for me and will be an experience that I plan on getting the most out of that I can. I believe that it will prepare me for the things I truly want to do.
All of the anticipation is causing me a little stomach pain. (which I began to experience on my mission) It's due to stress I suppose. I do believe I am heading in the right direction. I will miss being in Idaho, but I feel that I am better situated at UVU. So wish me luck!

1 comment:

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Melisa! Um....HI! I haven't seen you for sooooo long! I'm so glad you have a blog, that way I can keep updated on your life! Love ya!
Mel