Sunday, May 26, 2013

Bondage: Addictions

Mosiah 24:14
   And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.

God loves all of his children, and only desires our true lasting happiness. I have felt at times as if I were in bondage, burdened by the weight of sin and guilt... also by my own human desires and lack of will. I still do at times, but I have also felt the joy and freedom that only comes when applying the blood of Christ in my life, and by striving day by day, sometimes minute by minute to always remember him and not give up hope. I pray that I can be strengthened in my weaknesses and temptations; be a witness of him, and know Him and know with that surety that He is always with me.

http://lds.org/scriptures/bofm/mosiah/24.14?lang=eng


No comments: